Download HJC’s Ordinance 22-37 policy breakdown.
In November of 2021, St. Paulites across race, income, and ward voted YES for a strong rent stabilization policy to Keep St. Paul Home for all. Now, Council President Amy Brendmoen and Councilmember Chris Tolbert have co-authored Ordinance 22-37, which would make significant amendments to the rent stabilization policy voters passed. Learn from Housing Justice Center’s policy breakdown above.
If you feel passionately about protecting St. Paul’s rent stabilization ordinance, now is the time to make your voice heard. The City Council will hear public comment on Wednesday, 8/24 at 3:30pm, and you can testify in the following ways:
- Testify in-person
- WHEN: 3:30pm on Wednesday, 8/24
- WHERE: Room 300 at St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse, 15 W Kellogg Boulevard, St. Paul, MN, 55102
- Testify via telephone
- Register here by 12pm on Tuesday, 8/23
- Submit a written comment online
- Make sure to click “Against” for Ordinance 22-37
- Email your written comments to Contact-Council@ci.stpaul.mn.us or CouncilHearing@ci.stpaul.mn.us
- Leave a voicemail ahead of time at 651-266-6805